Standard and Eco+ Liquid Floor Screed
If you need a liquid screed delivered fast, call us today!
Standard and Eco+ Liquid Floor Screed
Buxton Flow Screeds offer a standard, environmentally friendly liquid floor screed for general use. Our standard liquid screed has been designed to give an extremely smooth and level surface in both commercial and residential buildings.
Our liquid flow screed product can be distributed through one pour point and achieve very accurate levelling tolerances. Our screed systems cater for different circumstances, for example, it can be laid in a basement, on the ground floor, on a tenth-floor apartment block or on timber and is highly effective when used in conjunction with underfloor heating systems.
Liquid screed is perfect for using with underfloor heating because it conducts heat more effectively than traditional screed. Eco liquid screed can be installed at a rate of up to 200m2 per hour and can receive foot traffic after 48hrs. Environmentally friendly, pumpable, liquid screed up to around 100m, requires no reinforcement and is fantastically flat & level it.
Get in touch with our team today to request a free liquid screeding quote and consultation.
Key benefits of using liquid floor screed
- It is a more conductive medium than sand cement screed.
- It can be laid thinner than competing systems without detriment to its performance so any underfloor heating pipes are closer to the surface (minimum cover to pipes 30mm)
- It can be force dried through underfloor heating commissioning process as early as 7 days after installation.
- It can be laid as a floating construction over most types of rigis insulation board or acoustic foam at a minimum thickness of 40mm.
- It is a very sustainable choice with a Synthetic Calcium Sulphate (Gypsum) binder making a screed with over 35% recycled content and the ability to recycle it at the end of the building’s life.
- It offers significant program benefits as areas of up to 2000m2 can be laid in one day.
- Its very low shrinkage values mean you require less construction joints than cement based screeds.
- It is protein free and will not harbour bacteria.
- It can receive foot traffic 48 hours after placing and partitions can be erected 7 days after placing.
- It is installed by trained and competent contractors who have invested in the necessary equipment to install the product correctly.
Flat and level screed due to liquid liquid levelling nature.
Designed to completely incase UFH pipes.
Ultra fast cure option.
How is it unlike sand and cement screed?
- Requires no reinforcement.
- Displays minimal shrinkage and will not curl.
- Requires fewer construction joints.
- Does not need 75mm thickness to be sufficiently robust.
- Can be specified by strength: 25/mm2 or 35mm2.
- Is more sustainable, containing no cement and using over 35% recycled raw material.
Applications and Uses
- Sub-floor levelling.
- For use with or without underfloor heating.
- Unbonded, bonded or floating construction.
- Ideal for both new build and renovation work.
- Suitable for all residential and commercial floors carrying pedestrian traffic within BS 8204 classification.
- Compatible with the majority of timber frame construction systems due to its density at 40mm thickness (80kg/m2)
- Appearance/Colour: Off-white fluid mortar
- Water Demand: 13–18 % b.w pH: >10 Wet Density: 2,200 kg/m³
- Dry Density: 2,000 kg/m³ SPECIFICATION
- Flow range = 230mm–280mm
- Maintenance of fluidity = 2 hours
- Compressive strength at 28 days = CA25F4
- Flexural strength at 28 days = 4N/mm²
- Density = 2,200kg/m³
- Thermal expansion = 0.012mm/moK
- Drying shrinkage at 28 days = 0.02%
- Thermal conductivity = 2.0w/mK +/- 0.2
- Fire rating (BS 476: Part 4) = non-combustible